As you await the arrival of your baby, you want to find the best maternity clinic in Calgary for your needs. At Preventous, we understand the roles of good medical care, healthy eating and physical fitness in maternity care. Our goal is to help you have the healthiest pregnancy possible.
Clinic staff includes physicians, nurses, nutritionists and fitness experts who will help you have the best pregnancy possible and give your baby the best start in life.
Appointments on Your Schedule
We strive to give a high level of pregnancy care in Calgary. That’s why members of our Twenty-Four Seven Club™ can visit our maternity clinic on their schedule during regular office hours, allowing you to get the best care during your pregnancy while juggling all the other demands of work and life.
As a member, you also have access to your physician 24 hours, 7 days a week for urgent care concerns.
And your new baby automatically becomes a member with free access to these services.
Have a Healthy Pregnancy
At our private maternity clinic, our members receive expert advice and assistance with their fitness and nutrition needs. Your registered dietitian, Fabijana Jakulj, works with you to help you stay on track with your weight gain. You’ll also learn about the foods that can help your baby develop healthily and the foods you might want to avoid.
After your child is born, your dietitan will help you develop nutrition plans geared toward your needs, like plans specifically for breast-feeding. Working with your dietitan and physician, you can start today to develop healthy eating habits for you and your new baby that will last a lifetime.
Regular exercise is proven to help women manage the stress of pregnancy, take care of their bodies, and prepare for the birth.
Your kinesiologist will create a physical activity plan for your pregnancy, taking into account your physical limitations and restrictions as well as your personal preferences and needs. After the birth and your recovery, your plan is adjusted to aid with post-pregnancy weight loss and increased energy to keep up with your new little one.
Visit our maternity clinic in Calgary for the following maternity care services:
- Regular medical appointments with your physician
- Blood work done on site to avoid long waits in a lab
- Nutrition plans developed specifically for you and your growing baby
- Fitness plans tailored to your needs
- Timely access to our physicians
- Specialist referral when needed
Our maternity clinic in Calgary provides more than just pregnancy care. Visit after your baby is born for the following services:
- Regular check-ups at your convenience
- Timely access to physicians
- Advice and assistance with birth control for you as well as with vasectomies
- Continued nutritional care
- Fitness plans for weight loss and increased energy
- Medical, nutritional and fitness care for your child throughout childhood until adulthood
The physicians at Preventous provide pre and postnatal care, and participate in an on-call delivery system with the Riley Park Maternity Clinic. Deliveries are done at the Foothills Hospital.
You can call our after-hours line for physician advice at any time. If you are over 20 weeks pregnant, you can be seen at the Labour and Delivery Unit (Unit 51) at Foothills Hospital. You do not need to call before you arrive. The labour and delivery unit is open 24 hours per day. If emergencies arise and you are less than 20 weeks pregnant, please go to the Emergency Department.
You are allowed two support people in your labour room. They are given wrist bands for their exclusive use.
Visiting hours for Post Partum (Unit 52) are:
- Support persons: Any time (but cannot stay overnight)
- Other visitors: 11 am – 9 pm (restricted to immediate family members of the new baby (i.e. sibling, grandparent, only first degree relatives can visit)
Additional Maternity Information
- One Month Well Child Check
- Pregnancy and Exercise (Mayo Clinic)
- The Importance of Folic Acid (Sick Kids’ Motherisk)
- Genetic Screening Options (Early Prenatal Risk Assessment Program)
- Risk of Down Syndrome (National Institutes of Health)
- Prenatal Classes (Alberta Health Services)
- Safe Medications in Pregnancy and Breastfeeding (Sick Kids’ Motherisk)
- Becoming a New Parent (Government of Alberta Health and Wellness)
- Health Eating and Active Living for Pregnancy (Government of Alberta Health and Wellness)
- Pregnancy-related Health Concerns (Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada)
- Preterm Labour(Health Link Alberta)
- Fetal Movement Count Chart (Alberta Health Services)
- Child Safety Seats (Alberta Health Services)
- Virtual Tour of Calgary Hospitals (Alberta Health Services)
- Due Date Calculator (Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada)
- Edinburgh Post Partum Depression Score