Activity for life
Benefits of Physical Fitness in Calgary
Regular exercise does more than keep you fit! Below are some of the countless benefits of physical fitness activities.
Achieving the benefits of physical fitness doesn’t require long, strenuous workouts.
Even 15 or 20 minutes a day a few times a week will result in major improvements in your health. Can’t fit regular workouts into your schedule? Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Park further from your destination. Play outside with your kids.
It’s never too late. Exercise benefits everyone in many ways, so get moving and start reaping the rewards exercise has to offe
- Boosts your intellectual capacity
- Helps you manage stress more effectively
- Alleviates depression
- Reduces your level of anxiety
- Helps you sleep better
- Boosts your self-esteem and confidence
- Helps relieve and prevent migraine headaches
- Bolsters efforts to quit smoking
- Helps reverse some of the effects of smoking
- Boosts your energy level
- Builds your muscular strength and endurance
- Increases bone density
- Increases your stamina and ability to do continuous work
- Improves your balance and coordination
- Improves your flexibility
- Provides protection against injury
- Improves your posture
- Helps bolster pain tolerance
- Reduces backaches
- Makes pregnancy and childbirth easier
- Slows the aging process
- Adds active years to your life
- Helps you maintain an independent lifestyle
- Reduces your risk of fractures and osteoporosis
Preventous is a great facility with convenient access, good facilities and available parking. The gym is not overrun with people and it has a good variety of equipment. It’s a place where ordinary people train and there’s no intimidation because everyone in the gym looks pretty much like a regular person who wants to work out.